I probably should have been taking photos of the demolition so far of our kitchen or lack thereof. The former avid scrapbooker in me is kicking herself. I promise I'll try to remember to take some photos and definitely post some before & afters.
In the meantime, use your imagination:
- all cabinets have been pried off of the walls
- sheetrock dust has an unbelievable knack for going in every room of the house despite where the work is actually occuring
- the fridge is in our den now
- there is a huge pile of doors, nails, baseboards, sheetrock, studs lying beside the couch
- I've been dustbusting constantly, fearful of splinters and rabid dust bunnies
- our entire pantry is either a) on the utility table b) under the utility table c) lying on the guest bed d) residing in the guest bedroom closet
- the light switch panels are dangling by their wires only
- there will be no oven/stove come Monday (!!!)
- our downstairs neighbor probably hates us by now and most likely won't be talking to us once this remodel is finished
I've actually been adjusting pretty well considering. Please pray for patience, contentment, and adaptation. God willing, the entire kitchen remodel will be completed in early March. I am honestly not looking forward to all of the restaurant meals we will be eating; because of cost and nutrition. I'm hoping that my electric griddle will come in handy... hibachi chicken anyone? And can I get an Amen for the inventor of the microwave?