Monday, February 1, 2010

My half-birthday!

My first big kid swing ride

It's hard to believe that I'm now S-I-X months old now! Mommy and Daddy can't believe it either. I have been exploring and discovering things daily. I am just about to crawl....mommy makes it look soo easy when she models it for me. All I know to do though is get up on my hands and knees and rock back and forth; then I fling myself forward. It works okay, but I still love rolling around to get where I need to go. Mommy thinks it's funny when I try to chase Cubbie. That pup don't know what's comin for her once I start crawling. I have already goosed her twice and Mommy died laughing. Speaking of pets, I got to meet my first ever cat. Her name is Katie and she belongs to our friends, the Riccis. I really like animals and love looking at their pictures in books and on tv too.

Another thing I love: FOOD. When mommy gets my bottle ready and I happen to see it, I will start grabbing for it and quickly put it into my mouth. I am quite content afterwards. Now though I am discovering other types of food besides my milk. My favorites so far are sweet potatoes, corn, and bananas. Although I have wolfed down peas and green beans too. Mommy has fun making all the food for me. She gave me a special cup called "Sippy" and I am learning how to drink from that too. Just the other day, I sat in a restaurant high chair for the first time. Mommy says I'm looking too old.

I still love to bounce and stand. Maybe I'll just skip crawling and start walking? If I get grumpy the surest way for me to smile is to let me bounce, bounce, bounce. And I love to laugh. I used to only laugh if I was being tickled. But now I laugh at silly sounds and faces. Mommy is teaching me little games to play since I'm more interested in them now. I have also learned how to shake my rattle. I like to babble and do my dinosaur 'RAWR' too. It means 'I love you,' but no one knows that but me! Daddy calls me "Bub-zilla" when I 'RAWR' at him. Mommy is also teaching 'signs' to me, but what do they mean? I have no idea....

I am growing so quickly too. Mommy and Daddy bought a new car seat for me since I'm about to outgrow my infant car seat. Bye bye carrier. I wear 9-month clothing nowadays, so Mommy has been buying 12-month clothing lately. We'll see how long that lasts, heh heh heh. And this month I had my first teeth come in! Two sharp white things on the bottom of my mouth. Mommy and I were both miserable for about two weeks. I'd like to say thank you to her for giving me Motrin and Orajel though. And I hope that next time, maybe I won't be in so much pain.

Yesterday, I got to play in the snow for the second time in my short life, but this time I got to go sledding! All the big kids were doing it, so I wanted to try too. I went down first with Daddy and held on tight. I liked the wind rushing past my face. The second time I went down with Mommy and ended up crying because the sun was sooo bright and I was lying on my back. Mommy was relieved we didn't fall over. Oh, and did I mention that I was overdue for my nap then? Sheesh, but I had fun with my cousins, grandparents, and aunt and uncle while sledding. I guess giving up a nap every so often isn't so bad.

This Thursday we will go visit my doctor for my six-month checkup. Everyone wonders what I now weigh. I will be sure to let you know. Oh, gotta go, I hear Mommy!
~~Update: Caleb wanted everyone to know that he officially weighs 19 lbs. 6 oz. now. :)

No comments: