Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Park City, Utah photos as promised!

I have so many pictures that I want to share, and so little time to upload. :( Here are some of the highlights. Most of the time I took advantage of outlet shopping and eating; two of a preggo gal's favorite friends. Our favorite parts were driving through Provo Canyon and visiting the Olympic Park.


Our rental car we affectionately named "Sugar Booger."

Only at a Walmart in Utah...


Driving through Provo Canyon

"The hills are alive...with the sound of muuuuuusic"


Bridal Veil Falls



More Provo Canyon



"Wide open spaces...."


Me, looking pretty big!


Entrance to Olympic Park (Winter Games: 2002) Picture it with snow!



Alpine Long Jump...from this vantage point, you actually are unable to see the landing area. And believe it or not, this is used year-round, only with water during the summertime.
This is the bottom view of the same Alpine Long Jump. The colored lines show where skiers land. Those are people on the left spraying water on the slope.


Note to Self: Pregnant women don't fit well in a bobsled.


There we go!
.
.
.
.
JUST KIDDING! Those were professionals training....on concrete.



More ski jumps, only into a pool :) Athletes from all over the world train here year-round.



Note to Self: Pregnant women can't luge either; let alone lay flat on their backs.



But, we can ski!!! Hahaha, I can dream!

2 comments:

Paging Doctor Mommy said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! I loved all the pics. We've got a Bridal Veil Falls about an hour from our house...
Did you take the pic from the top of the ski jump or did Brent? If you did, was there an elevator to get you up there? Because there is no way I would have hiked up that high when I was preggo!

Megan at My Heart, My Home said...

Tiff, thankfully there was a van driving us around the park, so no stairs for me to climb! :)

I hear the next Winter Games will be in Vancouver! :)