Friday, October 17, 2008

Thoughts on the current election Q&A

Just a side note into politics here:

Q.Who the heck am I supposed to vote for?

A. For various reasons, you may not feel gung-ho about either major party candidate. Understandable. There are things I like about both Obama and McCain, as well as dislike. But what do I do if I'm in a quandary about whom to vote for? And what about the "lesser of two evils" approach?

Here's a snippet from LadiesAgainstFeminism, "I would really encourage you to go back and read the sad history of compromise coming from voting for the "lesser of two evils." Instead of standing against evil, Christians are capitulating to it as long as it is "slower" evil. This does not work. God has clear commands for us in Scripture that deal with the qualifications for civil rulers. He also assures us that He is the one Who puts rulers in power, including wicked rulers as judgment when His people disobey Him. We cannot "do evil that good may come" (Romans 3:8)."

Q. Okay, so now what. Is anyone else running for President?

A. Oh good grief, I had no idea...there are dozens more?! I'm leaning towards Mickey Mouse; again.

No, seriously, my wonderful, albeit persuasive husband introduced me to Chuck Baldwin. Read about him, you may like him, or you may not.

Q. Will I be throwing my vote away if it's not for the major party candidates?

A. Just what exactly is a wasted vote? "A wasted vote is a vote for someone you know does not represent your own beliefs and principles. A wasted vote is a vote for someone you know will not lead the country in the way it should go." (written by Baldwin himself)

This article helped appease this line of reasoning for myself. Worth the read...


Q. Megan, help me! I'M STILL DUMBFOUNDED AND CONFUSED!

A. And now for some great election humor....Maybe it's your civic duty NOT to vote! Watch the hilarious, frightening clip from John Stossel on 20/20.

Or perhaps you should know whom you're voting for? I mean, weren't you aware that Obama's running mate is Sarah Palin???

No comments: