Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Autumn in Vermont

We had a wonderful time in Vermont, visiting Stowe, Waterbury, and Burlington. It truly made me miss living in the mountains. The brisk air, heavy winter coats, and the smell of hot apple cider wafting in the air. Truly a season to behold!

Taking in the beauty of bright golds, vibrant reds, and garish orange was a visual wake-up call for me. Simply being in the midst of nature did my heart good. Autumn is my favorite season of the year, it's filled with anticipation for me. Rearranging my closet with turtlenecks, sweaters, scarves, and coats. The smell of cinnamon-scented pinecones at the hearth, with a robust pumpkin sitting idly by. Making fresh loaves of pumpkin bread. Having reasons to cuddle up close with someone on hayrides. Bonfires. Toboggan hair. (And I realize a toboggan is a sled too). Watching my dog sense the nip in the air too, and even she walks a little differently ;)

All of this to say, is that now more than ever(!), having just tasted Autumn in Vermont, I am very excited about Autumn rolling into my backyard. Though with temperatures in the mid-high 70s, I think it will be a couple of weeks longer.

To whet your appetite, here are some pictures from our trip:












1 comment:

Rachel said...

Autumn is my favorite, too. I can't wait to break out the sweaters. Looks like you got to see the best of Vermont.