Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Happy 2nd Anniversary to my Husband

I can't believe it's already been two whole years since we were married! I can say with confidence that I love you more than the day I said "I do;" and at the time, I thought my heart was already full to overflowing! But Love has the unique ability to grow and become fuller and there is no capacity to speak of. Since God is Love, we know there are no boundaries, no finite end.


While our first year of marriage seemed free of change, our second year more than made up for it. It was a year of transition and by God's grace, we came out not only alive, but victorious.


Last Fall, I remember when you initially suggested that we move from our new house to a 'vintage' condo. I know I wasn't supportive of that idea, and I regret that. Thank you for being patient with me and giving me time to adjust. When you eagerly and enthusiastically took me to see the condo, I had already made up my mind to dislike it no matter what. But you had vision, not only for the remodeling that we would end up doing, but for our future family as well. You knew how badly I desired to be a stay-at-home wife, as well as a mother. And you honored my desires by finding a way for that to happen.


It wasn't easy packing up the house by myself while you were away on business, and it wasn't easy when I sat on the bottom steps with tears streaming down my face, crying out "Goodbye House, I'll miss you!" But with every goodbye, there's always a hello.


Like a father who knows what's best for their child, you had more foresight and purpose than I did and wanted to bless me. I'm sorry for the times that I didn't cheerfully submit to you or be content with our circumstances. I know now that I need to trust you more, and remember to do so, not after the fact, but during!


After months of renovations and stress, just when it seemed a ray of light was dawning through due to a promotion in your company, a higher price was about to be paid. You were gone Monday through Friday and would fly home for the weekend. I've always hated it when you were gone, no matter a day or several weeks. It was quite lonely, and I know it was for you too. Thank you for remaining faithful to me even while away.


After having enough of it, you took a major step of faith and resigned. You risked it all for the love and sake of our marriage. We didn't expect or anticipate you being out of work for several months, but I was glad you were home nonetheless. I learned the meaning of "Better to be poor and happy, than rich and miserable." We were wealthy in affection for each other. God was testing us, and while Satan tried to throw disagreements in our path, we chose His way instead. After months of prayer, God answered our needs by providing you with a great job.

Through it all, we never lost our humor and I wouldn't choose to go through any of that without you. Thank you for being a godly husband who cherishes me. You are a wonderful servant-leader who challenges me to be more Christ-like. Who knows what the next year may bring? I am grateful to God for the years He has given us to share already.

All my love,
Your Wife

"Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken." ~Ecclesiastes 4:12

1 comment:

Brent Wells said...

I love you so much Megan. You are a gem and my love. You are finer than diamonds and more beautiful than mountains at dawn. Thank you for loving me when I am unlovable and my sin gets in the way. I can't wait to love you tomorrow and forever. I can't wait to share the next moment with you, wherever the Lord leads us. I pray that our love will put a smile on God's face and reflect his passion, love, and covenant with His bride, the church. I love you gorgeous. I love you, I love you, I love you! I LOVE THIS WOMAN!!!!!

Your Husband,

Brent