Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy New Year!

Well, I hope everyone had a great New Year's celebration. I had a fun evening with friends over some boardgames, Battle of the Sexes and Cranium. And did you even have to wonder who won? The women of course. After the sparkling wildberry juice had been drunk, the wishes had been made, 2008 had arrived.

With a new year ahead, I have anticipation of new and great things ahead. For one, I am resolved to be disciplined in daily Bible reading and prayer. So far, by God's grace, I completed day one. You might be thinking to yourself that day one should be a cakewalk. Well, like any new habit, starting or stopping cold-turkey takes determination and effort. So, no more excuses...because really, there are none. Last night I read through several chapters of Isaiah and it was like a breath of fresh air. Praise the Lord \o/ Brent and I are still working on our goals for 2008 and I'm looking forward to the challenge. Some of my other personal goals for 2008 are listed below:

  • watch less tv (if this happens, my other goals should be much easier to accomplish!)
  • read more
  • diligence in homemaking
  • crafting and learning other ways to DIY
  • volunteer on a regular basis
  • write my sponsor child on a monthly basis
I'll also be starting two new classes offered through our church: Learning Greek through the New Testament and Perspectives on World Missions. Missions have definitely come into my heart within the past year more than ever, and I want to take a proactive approach in learning more.

This is a tall order for sure, but God willing, it will happen!

May God reveal Himself to you in 2008 like never before.

No comments: