Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Turning to the North

“Then at last the Lord said to me, ‘You have been wandering around in this hill country long enough; turn to the north.'" Deuteronomy 2:2-3

Hearing this verse this morning has been the wake-up call I've desperately needed. I realize I've been pretty quiet on the blog as of late, and there are a few reasons for this. Without going into specifics, let's just say the last 3 months of my life have been riddled with disappointment after disappointment.

This has been a huge test of faith for me. I vacillate daily between blatant doubt and weak hope. It's not a pretty place to be. Ask my husband who is fleshing out the definition of long-suffering by loving and living with me.

Currently, those disappointments have not yet been resolved or overturned. They still are what they are. But back to the verse at the top...yes, all I've been mentally doing has been going around in circles, over and over and over. I'm tired of wallowing in self-pity. I'm yearning for God to do something big. Something that actually comes to fruition. Or perhaps for clarity and discernment to see the hidden blessings of these things??

So here I am...waving my white flag; and attempting to turn to the North.

No comments: