Monday, August 23, 2010

Daydreaming of Fall

Stowe, Vermont (Fall 2008)
On Wednesday, September 22, 2010, I'll be doing a little happy dance. You see, that's the first day of Fall. The debut of my favorite season bursting onto the scene. I'm so thankful that I live in a place where I can experience the full range of seasons; some milder than previous years. But Fall is just always beautiful, and never disappoints, regardless of how the rest of the seasons have played out.
The crisp air, "jacket weather," the smell of smoke billowing from chimneys and bonfires, bumpy hayrides, gooey s'mores, turtlenecks, warm scarves, appley-anything, crunchy leaves, dazzling colors, coziness. What's not to love?
In anticipation of Autumn, I excitedly announced to B, "I just painted my toenails 'Brown-a-licious!'" To which he wryly responded, "You do know that it's about a month away, right?"
Yes, but who's counting?
....30 days....
What are some of your favorite things about Fall?

No comments: