Friday, January 30, 2009

Tiny tidbits involving my tiny tidbit :)

  1. 13 weeks now and still goin' strong :)
  2. Weight gain: 2 lbs.
  3. Regular pants have not fit me for some time now, but there's a wonderful wardrobe accessory called a BellaBand, which I use with pants. Highly recommended! It helps convert your non-maternity pants into maternity...pure magic. You can get one at Target for $16.99.
  4. Bump rubs from someone other than Brent: 2, a coworker and a friend from church. Not as awkward as I thought it'd be, lol. Is this what my dog feels like at times?
  5. What upsets my stomach? Plain ol' orange juice....I'm now avoiding it like the plague.
  6. Hormonal? Earlier on, I could cry extremely easily. When I watched "It's a Wonderful Life" back in December, I had never bawled at a movie before until then. I was hysterical, and Brent actually thought I was laughing and/or faking. Go figure. :)
  7. Doctor visits: 2
  8. My sweet tooth has gone on hiatus. If you know me, somewhere a pig must be flying overhead. Now, if only this would resume after the birth!
  9. My favorite food (group) thus far has been carbs. Bring on the fettucine alfredo with garlic bread, and I'm a happy girl.
  10. We will definitely be finding out the sex of the baby, sometime in March.
  11. Some call it "peanut" or "bean," we just call it "plum." :) Actually, there's more to it than that...every week we've had the pleasure of calling our baby a different food (ha!) based on its relative size. At one point, it was a mere poppy seed! We've noted its progress as it grew from sesame seed to blueberry to raspberry to prune. :) I think "peach" is up next! Although one of these days, "watermelon" will be more like it.
  12. Several friends have noted that they questioned if I was pregnant (before I'd announced) based on my face. The radiant glow of a mama?....no, mine was a pale, ashen face. :-p
  13. Piggybacking on #11, others noticed I was ahem more bosomy.
  14. I am excited that several of my friends are having babies all within months of each other. Insta-friends for our kids :) Plus, I get to learn from them along the way.
  15. Our baby will be the first grandchild for Brent's parents and the third grandchild for my parents.
  16. Lastly, August 5th can't come sooner!

1 comment:

Paging Doctor Mommy said...

Orange juice gave me the worst heartburn when I was pregnant. I too avoided it like the plague. One of Ryan's aunts brought sticky-buns over for us one day that had some kind of orange glaze on top. I took one bite, spit it out immediately, and still had heartburn the rest of the day!
Glad to hear that you are enjoying pregnancy... I loved it and can't wait to do it again. Maybe by the end of the year we'll start thinking that way!