Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Camisoles are a girl's best friend

Ahhh, camisoles. Thank you Lord for whomever invented that precious gift. Silk or cotton, colored or neutral, I adore them! Plus, they really help a girl out by maintaining modesty. I owe one of mine special gratitude today.

I learned horrifically that my pretty teal button-up collared shirt's top button somehow loosens itself at inopportune moments. The worst part was the audience I wound up accidentally exposing myself to....my father-in-law. I was mortified. Okay God, learned that lesson pretty quickly.

So this morning, like every morning, I spent about ten (dilly-dallying) minutes standing in front of my open closet gazing upon a myriad of clothing, all the while finding nothing to wear. Teal shirt caught my eye and I quickly buttoned her on. Oh wait....forgot the camisole....is it worth it? Oh okay...fine. (I swanee this is what happens every morning).

I put on a black camisole underneath my teal shirt and continued my day.

Work was work until about 2:00 when I just happened to look down and notice that dern top button had managed to loosen itself again! I have no idea how long it had been unbuttoned, only that I've been interviewing patients and chatting with doctors all day.

Teal shirt on clearance: $5.99

Camisole: $9.99

Not walking around the office oblivious that your chest is exposed: Priceless!

1 Timothy 2:9 - "And I want women to be modest in their appearance. They should wear decent and appropriate clothing and not draw attention to themselves by the way they fix their hair or by wearing gold or pearls or expensive clothes."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say I'm excited about seeing yall this weekend at Steven's. , and I've enjoyed reading a lot of what you have here.

Though, I confess, this post isn't exactly something I can relate to.

Grace,

Jeremy
(of Jeremy and Rachel, if you know more than one :)