Saturday, June 4, 2011

Much to catch up...since it's been almost 4 months since I last posted

Ahh, neglecting the blog. Not sure why it's taken me this long to actually log into Blogger and type something. Here's what been's happening:

End of March- found out we're pregnant again! Yay! Truly an answered prayer, since we lost a little one back in the Fall. I've had my fill of worry, especially anticipating the first ultrasound at 8 weeks, which is when we discovered there were problems with our 2nd baby. Praise the Lord, this time, we saw a steady heart beat of 162 bpm. The growth looked fine, and a huge weight was lifted off of our shoulders. I know there are no guarantees, and every day, it's a matter of trusting the Lord and HIS plan, not ours.






We also spent a wonderful week visiting Brent's mom and stepdad in Florida. Thankfully the temps weren't too hot yet. Caleb loved all of the extra attention from Nana and Grandpapa. We do not get to see them as often as we'd like, so it was equally special to inform them of the baby in person. I had a rough time (and that's putting it gently) flying solo with Caleb down and back from FL. Motion sickness got to me both times, and Caleb wasn't having it on our return flight. Yes, I was that mom crying in her seat, praying that the flight would. just. be. over.


April: We celebrated my 28th birthday with a very special weekend of seeing Cirque du Soleil's Alegria, dinner at Olive Garden, and shopping at nearby outlets. Did I mention Caleb was happily at home with his grandparents? :)




Speaking of grandparents, Caleb just got a whole lot closer to my parents, since we moved in with them! Due to our condo still up for sale, we thought it would be easier to live with them than deal with urgent house showings, and to help during the pregnancy.


May: Finally feeling settled in at my parents' house. Things are unpacked, and Caleb seemed to adjust to having extra people and new things around. He loves being outside most of the time nowadays; a luxury compared to living in the condo. Mid-May, we enjoyed a fun day at the Greek Festival with Brent's parents. Caleb loved the loud music, food, and yelling, "Opa!" It's an annual tradition that we love. For Memorial Day weekend, we spent the entire time with Brent's parents and celebrated his sister's birthday. Caleb sure enjoyed all the chasing and playtime with Grandpa and Grandma.



June: We've already enjoyed some pool time with friends and a visit to the science museum.

More fun to come, I'm sure.

No comments: