Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Thoughts on Motherhood, 7.5 weeks in

Random stuff I'm currently learning:

  • Moms don't get to punch the clock, it really is a 24/7 job. Holidays and vacations take on a whole new meaning as well.
  • Who knew such a small human being could fill up a sedan with baby gear?
  • I analyze poop on a daily basis. His, not mine. ;)
  • Sleep deprivation makes me somewhat evil.
  • I love sitting in the glider, rocking Caleb to sleep.
  • Finding his precious baby hair on his sheets makes me sad.
  • Clothing sizes do not match Caleb's chronological age...he easily wears 3-6 month clothing, and he'll be 8 weeks in a couple of days.
  • A basket full of dirty baby clothes only equates to a small load in the washer. :)
  • I am married to an amazing husband who is an equally amazing father. He even does nighttime feedings on the weekends to allow me much needed sleep.
  • I could squeeze a pudgy baby face all day long :)
  • I have way more respect for moms of multiples. I really don't know how I'd be able to cope with more than one infant at a time.
  • Soy formula makes for smelly baby burps
  • I love watching him explore the world. Staring outside from his bouncy seat, taking it all in.
  • I really had no clue what I was in for when I was pregnant. That was the easy part!
  • Having family live in the same city is a major blessing.
  • Because I talk mostly to a baby all day, I am a little too eager to have adult conversation, and desperately stretch out dialogue.
  • I find it hard to believe that the same pair of baby eyes I stare into, will be the very same eyes I look into when he's thirty years old.
  • Breastfeeding was not only a physical challenge, but an emotional one as well.
  • No one knows my baby like I do :)
  • Babies 'R Us is not as romantic as it used to be, back in my single days. It's now the equivalent of going to the grocery store, necessary but a pain.
  • My heartstrings have been tugged as I have already packed away some baby clothes. Will another future son get to use them? Who knows?
  • Finding new fat folds each week is a new hobby of mine.
  • I kinda get why 'only children' exist....
  • I'm sorry I ever thought mean things in my head to moms with crying babies in stores.
  • I love how angelic he looks while he sleeps.
  • Strangers do not respect the "canopy down" position on his carrier. If it's down, it's down for a reason, usually because my poor kid gets easily overstimulated, so please...don't lift it!
  • I regret not having taken more photos thus far.
  • I love hearing him make new sounds for the first time.
  • He is my son and I hope he knows how much I truly love him.

No comments: