Sunday, July 26, 2009

Still here! Just playing the waiting game...

"Any day now..." those are words I've repeated to curious strangers and friends, as well as reassuring myself on a moment by moment basis. I have been 'nesting;' it finally kicked in and revealed itself through reorganizing several kitchen cabinets, cleaning both bathrooms, and also by scrubbing down the door frames. :) As I was cleaning the door frames, I said aloud, "I can't believe I never noticed this dirt before!" Indeed, as if anyone goes around noticing the grime on door frames, especially the lower third.

The bags have been (mostly) packed, the laundry done, the carseat installed, and the stockings hung by the chimney with care. Basically, we're in need of the little human that accompanies all of those things :)

I promised photos of his completed nursery, but I'll do you one better. Visit my husband's recent blog post, and you can actually watch a before & after video he recorded of it. The room really came out well, I just want Caleb to see it for himself!

So here's where my self-centeredness comes in. I need your prayers. If you can imagine any random type of petition that arises during the waiting period, labor, delivery, and post-partum...then I will happily accept your prayers. I was blessed to have a dear friend pray for me via phone yesterday and it's just amazing to know that God does hear our prayers and always answers them according to His divine best for us. Prayer isn't the last resort, it's the first!

1 comment:

Paging Doctor Mommy said...

Just went and checked out the video! You guys did a great job with the nursery! LOVE IT!

If you run out of things to clean before Caleb gets here, you are welcome to make a trip to my house!