Tuesday, April 7, 2009

My first bloggy award :)

My beautiful cousin Tiffany over at Reagan Marie gifted me with a "Kreativ Blogger" award!


I will accept and display this bloggy award with pride :) Here are the rules once you have received the award:

1. Post the award on your blog, and link to the person who gave you the award.

2. List seven things you love.

3. List seven blogs you love.

4. E-mail or comment on those blogs to let the people know you've given them the award.

Seven things I love:

~ hearing the ocean waves lap and roar while digging my toes in the sand ~ having all the windows open on a breezy, mild day ~ listening to children laugh and recite Scripture ~ being the wife of a wonderful, loving man ~ sitting in a rocking chair while windchimes play ~ food; specifically anything made of chocolate, bread, and cheese :) ~ learning and accomplishing something new

Seven blogs I love:

~ Clothesline Alley - Amy shares a wealth of information on various topics related to natural living, being an Army wife, and loving her sweet daughter.

~Making Home - Jess's blog is much like an encylopedia. It is random, thought provoking, and has a dose of fresh perspective thrown into the mix. Her "Show and Tell" feature is one you won't want to miss.

~Passionate Homemaking - Lindsay covers natural living topics as well, especially posts on 'soaking' your grains and healthful nutrition. Nuggets of Biblical living are strewn throughout, along with book recommendations.

~Money Saving Mom - Just one of Crystal's blogs that aims to share CVS, Walgreens, Walmart, Target, and other stores' deals to help lower your cost. Articles on frugal living are regular as well, along with giveaways, which I've actually won! I recommend putting this one on your feed list (if you don't have one) since there could be up to 12 quick posts a day with deals.

~The Story of Us - Deanna shares her journey with homeschooling, her love for all things Ukraine, and interesting ponderings.

~Walk Slowly, Live Wildly - Sara chronicles a simple life having now settled down in Bozeman, Montana after a stint of living in an RV traveling the U.S. Funky, crafty, alternative lifestyle-living...it's a mixed bag, and I like it that way!

~Amy's Humble Musings - Amy always includes very informative links to DIY projects, economic and political articles, and everything including the kitchen sink. Since moving to a farm, she shares the highs and lows of living with stubborn cows, all things chicken, and having Amish neighbors nearby. She's a mom of six and posts candid photos of their homespun life.

I would add that all of these ladies love Jesus and I am constantly challenged by their thoughts and ways of living. I love blogland since it has opened up a whole new world of knowledge from ladies who are really living it. Case in point, I don't think I'd ever even think of using cloth diapers if it hadn't been for several of my favorite bloggers. Believe it or not, there are people that live very differently than you do (sometimes contrary to your ways), and they are thriving. The list could go on with what I've discovered with the help of some very cool ladies.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Thank you so very much for your kinds words and thinking of me, Megan! You brought a smile to my face. :o)